Cooking Dal in Microwave can be a bit tricky but will save you a lot of time if you master the art. Bear in mind that you will only be able to boil the dal in the microwave - for the tadka and other steps you will have to use gas stove. I haven’t ever tried making the tadka in a microwave and doubt if anyone else has ever been able to.
Here are the steps:
1. Soak the dal in water for a few hours as you would normally do before cooking it over the stove.
2. Once the dal has been soaked, take a utensil that you can use in a microwave. Ensure that you use the ones that are safe to use in a microwave.
3. Pour the dal into the vessel and add about 3-4 times the water.
4. Let it cook in the microwave for 25-30 minutes.
5. Prepare the tadka as you normally would and add it to the boiled dal when you take it out of the microwave.
Serve hot !