How to make Cheese Cake
Here are a few quick steps on how to make Cheese Cake and the ingredients for the recipe.
Recipe for Cheese Cake
1. Crackers or biscuits - 10 - 15 depending upon the size. (If you are using biscuits, they should preferably without too much salt or sugar.
2. Butter - 2 Table Spoon
3. Eggs - 3-4 pieces
4. Vanilla Extract - 1 Table Spoon
5. Milk - 1 cup
6. Cream Cheese - 250 grams
7. Fresh Cream - 1 cup
8. Sugar - 2 Cups
9. Flour (Sifted) - 1/4 Cup
Steps to Make Cheese Cake
1. Melt the butter in a small bowl over slow heat.
2. In a separate pan, break the crackers (or biscuits) and grind into a fine powder. Mix the melted butter with the ground cracker. Press the resulting thick mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
3. Take another vessel and mix the finely ground sugar with cream cheese till the sugar completely dissolves. Once the sugar have been added, put the sour cream and the vanilla extract into the mixture and mix the ingredients.
4. We now take the eggs and one by one, add the them to the mix. Ensure that you mix the first egg completely before pouring in the next one. Stir it properly so that all the ingredients blend completely with each other.
5. At this point, add the sifted flour to the mix. Ensure that you mix as much flour to the mix as it can accommodate at this point. Then gently add the milk or cream to the cake mixture. Ensure that you add only as much milk as will dissolve any remaining sugar and other ingredients and provides a smooth think consistency to the entire mix.
6. Preheat the oven to 175 deg centigrade (350 deg Fahrenheit) for about 10 minutes.
7. Pour the mix in the baking pan and place it the oven. Take the cake out of the oven just before it is fully baked as we would need to apply the topping.
Making the topping for the Cheese Cake
One of the good things about the cheese cake is that you have a great variety of toppings to choose from. Here are a few toppings that you can apply to your cheese cake.
Peanut Butter Topping
Peanut butter - 3-4 Table spoon
Light brown sugar - 1/2 Cup
Vanilla extract - 1 Table spoon
Sour Cream - 1 Cup
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl till all of them have blended well. Using a spoon, apply the mix to the top of the cheese cake. Once finished, bake the cake for a few minutes till it is completely done. Refrigerate once done.
Fresh strawberries - 10-15 pieces
Finely ground sugar - 2 Table spoon
Strawberry extract - 1 Table spoon
Sour Cream - 1 Cup
This topping does not require the cheese cake to be baked again so you can ensure the cake is taken out of the oven once it is fully baked. Mix the cream, strawberry extract and sugar in a bowl. Aplly gently over the top of the cheese cake. Place strawberries on each slice. Place it in the refrigerator till the cheese cake is ready to be served.