How to make Butter Cake
Here are a few quick steps on how to make Butter Cake and the ingredients for the recipe.
Recipe for Butter Cake
1. Butter - Freshly prepared - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
2. Eggs - 2 or 3
3. Sugar - 1 cup
4. Flour - 2 to 3 cups
5. Baking powder - 1 Table spoon
6. Salt - 1/4 Table spoon
7. Milk - 1/2 Cup (you can also use fresh cream)
8. Dry fruits (Almonds, Cahews etc)
Steps to Make Butter Cake
1. Pour the butter, sugar, salt and baking powder in a big bowl. Using a manual egg stirrer, mix the ingredients together. The idea here is to not only mix them well but also to allow as much air to get in as possible so that the trapped air bubbles are able to provide volume to the cake at the time of baking.
2. Once the mixture has become very soft and fluffy, add eggs one at a time. Before you add the next egg, ensure that the previous egg has been properly assimilated in the mix and that it has acquired proper consistency.
3. At this point, sift the flour and add it to the mix. Ensure that you mix as much flour to the mix as it can accommodate at this point. Then gently add the milk or cream to the cake mixture. Ensure that you add only as much milk as will dissolve any remaining sugar and other ingredients and provides a smooth think consistency to the entire mix.
4. Now comes the baking part. Ensure that the oven used for baking has been pre-heated. Ideally you should switch on the oven a few minutes before you place the dough in it. The oven temperature at the time of our placing the dough in it should be around 175 deg Centigrade (or 350 deg Fahrenheit).
5. Take a baking pan and pour the butter cake mix into it. Since the cake will expand, you would need to have the pan with walls a little higher than the height of the cake mixture.
6. The butter cake mix will expand as time progresses and as more and more air bubbles are produced. Once the outer layer has acquired a slightly (darkish) golden hue, you can put a toothpick in and check out it the inside has been properly baked.